Friday, 5 August 2011
Kays Curry Puffs
1 tsp yellow curry powder
200gm chicken mince
Salt and sugar to taste
1. Put a wok (or fry pan) over a medium heat and add a table spoon of oil. Add the chicken mince and cook until meat is browned.
2. Add the onion and potato and fry until cooked and combined with the chicken. Add the remaining ingredients and cook for a further 3-4 minutes.
3. Remove the wok from the heat and allow mixture to cool before using.
4. Leaving the backing sheet on the puff pastry, cut each sheet into 9 squares. Add 1 table spoon of the cooled chicken mixture to the centre of each square. Fold the pastry over to form a triangle. Pres the edges together to ensure they are sealed.
5. Decorate the edges by pressing with your fingers in a design of your liking. The most common way to to press with your index finger and then fold over the pastry, continue along the edge the same way until you get to the end, then tuck the end under.
6. Place a saucepan onto medium high heat and fill half way with oil. Once the top of the oil starts to shimmer you know it is hot enough (or you can take the end of a wooden spoon and dip it in. If bubbles form around the end then you know its hot enough). Deep fry the curry puffs until golden brown. Remove and drain on paper towel.
7. Serve with sweet chilli dipping sauce.