Thursday, 20 October 2011
Ricotta, ham and tomato lasagne
It was a great surprise that both of them loved it. Scoffing it in seconds and asking for more. Needless to say there were no left overs. Not only did it taste great but it is also low kilojoule and high fibre which makes it even better.
Olive oil cooking spray
400gm reduced fat ricotta cheese
1 egg yolk
1 cup fresh basil leaves
200gm fresh lasagne sheets
1 1/2 cups tomato pasta sauce
200gm reduced fat shaved ham - roughly chopped
4 tomatoes - sliced
1. Pre heat oven to 180°C. Spray a 5cm deep, 16cm x 25cm base ovenproof dish with oil.
2. Combine ricotta, egg yolk and basil in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Place 2 lasagne sheets side by side over base of dish. Top with half the ricotta mixture and 1/2 cup of pasta sauce. Top with half the ham and one-third of the tomatoes. Repeat. Top with remaining lasagne sheets, sauce and tomatoes. Spray with oil.
4. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until lasagne is tender. Stand for 5 minutes.
5. Serve lasagne topped with extra basil.
Nutritional Information (per serve):
Dietary Fibre: 6.60
Fat total: 13.40g
Saturated fat: 3.90g
Carbohydrate total: 34.10g