Wednesday, 21 December 2011
Double Chocolate Cupcakes
I have definitely lost my motivation! I have not baked a thing for weeks!
Even now when I should excitedly be baking an array of delicious Christmas treats, I am instead feeling tired at even the thought of finding something to bake.
These delicious chocolatey cupcakes were in fact supposed to be a mud cake with a hazelnut ganache centre, covered in more ganache and topped with fereros. But as some of you may know, if your in a bad mood when you bake then more often then not your food will turn out bad.
The cake stuck to the tin and fell apart. Normally I would of just given up and crawled back into bed but seeing as though the cake was for a friend who has so nicely asked me to bake one, I had to persevere.
In the end though these cupcakes turned out beautifully. My friend loved them so much that he ate four that night alone!
3/4 cup caster sugar
125gm butter - softened
3/4 cup milk
1 1/2 cups self raising flour
1/2 cup cocoa
3/4 cup milk or dark chocolate bits
1/2 cup cream
200gm dark chocolate - chopped
1 pkt cadbury flake bites
1. Pre heat oven to 200°C. Line a 12 cup capacity cupcake or muffin tray with cases.
2. Using an electric mixer, beat the sugar and butter until light and creamy. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
3. Add half the milk and half of the flour and cocoa to the butter mixture. Combine. Repeat with remaining milk, flour and coca. Stir in the chocoloate bits.
4. Spoon mixture into prepared tray. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Stand in pan for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool.
5. Meanwhile to make the ganache. PLace the cream and dark chocolate into a microwave safe bowl. Cook on high for 1-2 minutes stirring every 30 seconds until choclate is melted and combined with the cream. Place in the fridge to cool fo approx 30 mins or until a spreadable consistency.
6. Spread over cupcakes and top with a piece of flake.