Friday, 23 December 2011
Festive Fruit Blondies
She has so graciously allowed me to use her creations for a few last minute festive posts. The only thing I can take credit for here is taking the photos (oh and taste testing to make sure they were BKM worthy hehe)
2/3 cup fruit mince - which you can find a recipe for here
2 tsp brandy
180gm softened butter
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup plain flour
1/2 cup self raising flour
1/2 cup almond meal
1/2 cup white chocolate bits
1 1/4 cup flaked almonds
1. Pre heat oven to 180°C. Line a square baking tin with baking paper. In a small bowl, combine the fruit mince and brandy. Set aside.
2. Using an electric mixer, cream the butter, vanilla and sugar together until pale and creamy. Add the eggs in one at a time beating well after each addition until well combined.
3. Sift the flours into the butter mixture and add the almond meal. Mix well. Add the fruit mince, the white chocolate bits and half of the flaked almonds.
4. Press the batter into the prepared tin and sprinkle with remaining flaked almonds. Bake for 40 mins or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Allow to cool in the pan.
5. Cut into small squares and serve!