Friday, 23 December 2011
Quick and Easy Fruit Mince
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1. Combine the liqueur, golden syrup, brown sugar and dried fruit in a medium size saucepan over medium heat. Cook stirring occasionally for 10 minutes or until fruit is warm and plump.
2. Remove from the heat and stir in glace fruit and spices. Transfer to a bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Stand at room temperature for 3 hours.
3. Spoon into sterilised jars, seal and label. Once opened, store in the fridge for up to one month.
To sterilise Jars
1. Preheat oven to 110°C. Wash jars and lids in hot, soapy water. Rinse well. Place jars and lids in a deep saucepan. Cover with cold water.
2. Bring water to the boil over high heat. Cover pan. Reduce heat to medium and boil gently for 10 minutes. Line a baking tray with a clean tea towel.
3. Using metal tongs, remove jars and lids from boiling water and place upside down on tray. Place in oven and heat for 15 minutes. Bottle hot chutneys or jams in hot jars and cooled chutneys or jams in cold jars.