Friday, 6 April 2012
Easter: Cadbury Creme Filled Cupcakes
They look like ordinary cupcakes but hidden inside is a delicious creamy surprise.
An explosion of cream and caramel. So rich that I suggest having a glass of milk or water on stand by.
No need to worry bout getting fat eating these because trust me one is definitely enough.
I suggest placing the eggs in the freezer for about an hour before baking.
To top off these decadent cupcakes I made a baileys butter cream icing!
100gm milk chocolate
1 cup water
125gm butter - softened
1 1/4 cups brown sugar
1 1/2 cups self raising flour
1/2 cup plain flour
1/4 cup cocoa
12 Cadbury creme eggs (two packets)
200gm butter - softened
2 cups icing sugar
3-4 tablespoons baileys Irish cream
1 tsp vanilla essence
1. Pre heat oven to 180°C. Line a 12 hole cupcake tray with paper cases.
2. Add the chocolate and water to a small saucepan. Cook over low heat for 5 minutes, stirring, until chocolate is melted and smooth. Set aside to cool.
3. In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat the butter and sugar until light and creamy. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
Add the flours and cocoa. Mix until just combined. Pour in the chocolate a little at a time until all mixed in to form a smooth batter.
4. Put a tablespoon of mixture in the bottom of each paper case. Place a Cadbury creme egg in each case. Cover with another tablespoon of batter.
5. Place in the oven and cook for 20 mins or until a skewer inserted into the cake comes out clean. Remove from the oven, let sit in the tray for 5 mins before placing onto a wire rack to cool completely.
6. Meanwhile to make the icing. Using an electric mixer, beat the butter until its pale and creamy. Add the icing sugar a little at a time. Pour in the baileys and vanilla essence. Mix well.
7. Pipe or spread icing onto cupcakes. Top with half a mini creme egg and grated chocolate if desired. Serve.