Friday, 11 May 2012
Rosemary and Mustard Lamb with Fancy Veg
1kg boneless lamb shoulder (size depends on how many you are feeding. 1kg should easily feed 4 people)
1 tbl spoon olive oil
1 tbl spoon seeded mustard
1 tbl spoon dried rosemary
400gm jap pumpkin - cubed
150gm Danish feta
250gm trussed cherry tomatoes
300gm frozen baby peas
1 clove garlic
2 tbl spoons sour cream
1 tsp dried mint flakes
1 tbl spoon seeded mustard (extra)
1 tbl spoon honey
2 tbl spoons balsamic vinegar
1. Pre heat oven to 200°C. Allow meat to come to room temperature. Drizzle the oil all over the lamb then cover with mustard and rosemary. Place in the oven and cook for 20 minutes. Reduce heat to 180°C and cook for an hour*.
2. Once the meat has ten minutes left of cooking time, place the pumpkin on a baking tray along with the tomatoes. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until pumpkin is slightly soft but still keeping shape.
3. Meanwhile, place the peas in a saucepan of cold water with the garlic. Bring to the boil for 3 minutes. Drain, reserving two tablespoons of liquid. Place the peas, garlic, liquid, sour cream and mint into a food processor or blender. Process until puréed but still with some texture.
4. Remove the lamb from the oven and set aside to rest for ten minutes. Remove the pumpkin from the oven and place in a bowl. Add the feta and gently mix.
5. In a small bowl, mix the mustard, honey and vinegar. Warm in the microwave for 30 seconds, stir and set aside.
6. Slice the lamb and divide among plates. Spoon on the purée peas, pumpkin and the tomatoes. Drizzle meat (and veggies if desired) with dressing. Serve and enjoy.
Note: Cooking time will vary depending on the size of lamb you have. As a general rule its 30mins per 500gms.