|Someone just can't wait.|
I have made this recipe a few times. I think the first time I went that extra mile and made my own pastry. Of course there is absolutely nothing wrong with buying frozen pastry. It is a hell of a lot easier and much quicker, especially when feeding a crowd.
I cant even remember where I got this recipe from now. I added the Baileys cream this time (noticing a pattern in my recent desserts yet?) but this tart is great with fresh berries, or macerated strawberries. You will definitely need something fresh to cut through the richness of the chocolate.
1 frozen sweet flan case
250gm milk chocolate
1 cup thickened cream
1/2 cup caster sugar
2 eggs - lightly beaten
1/2 cup thickened cream
1 tbl spoon icing sugar
2-3 tbl spoons Baileys Irish cream.
1. Pre heat oven to 180°C. Place the tart case on a baking tray, leaving the tart case in its aluminium tray. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes or until golden and crisp.
2. In a large microwave safe bowl, mix the chocolate, cream and sugar. Cook in the microwave for 1-2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds, until chocolate is melted and cream is well combined. Remove from the microwave and allow to cool slightly. Stir in the beaten eggs.
3. Pour chocolate mix into the pastry case. Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes until filling is set but still slightly wobbly. Set aside to cool.
4. Meanwhile to make the Baileys cream, use electric beaters to whip the cream into a thick consistency. While continuing to beat the cream, add the sugar and the Baileys Irish cream, until soft peaks are formed.
5. Serve chocolate tart with a good dollop of Baileys cream.